It can be difficult and worrisome when you see your child suffering from hearing-related issues. At Sonus Hearing Care Professionals we make every effort to put you and your child at ease throughout your experience with us. Identifying hearing problems early in a child’s life is essential for correction of these issues and prevention of further hearing problems. If you suspect your child has trouble with hearing, please contact your primary care physician today.
Indicators of child hearing loss may include, but not be limited to:
- Speaks loudly
- Attention problems
- Only responds when face-to-face
- Has a delayed reaction when spoken to
- Has no response when called upon
- Has trouble following directions
What can I expect at a pediatric audiology appointment?
- It is best to first address your concerns with your primary care physician. They will assess your child and rule out any medical issues that might be causing hearing problems.
- When you bring your child in for a pediatric audiology appointment, be prepared to answer general questions in order to give the audiologist an idea of the hearing problem.
- We will discuss the types of testing used to find the problem, which may be done that day or scheduled for a later appointment. These tests include sound evaluation, as well as external and internal exams of the ears.
- At the time of the testing, the audiologist will tell you what problems were found, as well as what method of correction is needed.