Owning a Hearing Aid - Care & Repair
Hearing aids are a wonderful piece of technology that offer a better quality of life. They should be maintained and cleaned often to ensure they continue to work properly and provide quality enhanced sound.
- How do I care for my hearing aids?
- What happens if my hearing aid stops working properly and needs repairs?
How do I care for my hearing aids?
At Sonus Hearing Care Professionals we believe in regular cleaning and maintenance of your hearing aids. Taking care of them will prolong their lifespan, and ensure they are working to provide you with the best experience.
- Every four months, we will send you a letter reminding you to schedule an appointment for a Hearing Aid Check. This service is complimentary to you.
- During the Hearing Aid Check our Audiologist will examine your hearing aid, ensure it is programmed correctly, and replace any filters, tubes or domes as necessary.
- This is also a good time to discuss any issues you’ve been having with your hearing aid, or any new problems you are experiencing with your hearing in general.
What happens if my hearing aid stops working properly and needs repairs?
- If you should experience an issue that needs repair, please call us and we'll be happy to schedule you an appointment for repair.
- Some minor hearing aid repairs can be done in the office setting in a short period of time; others will need to be sent to the manufacturer for repair.
- Most hearing aids come with a 3+ year warranty when purchased new. If your warranty has expired, it is still possible to repair most hearing aids with a small fee.
If you have hearing aids that were not fit in our office, we are happy to try to repair your hearing aids. We are able to service most major manufacturers of hearing aids and can tell you in the office if yours is a brand we service.